I was tagged by
for a brief question-based thangy wangy, so here goes:
1. You must post the rules.
2. Each person must post 5 things about themselves in their journal.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post, and create eleven new questions for the people you tag to answer.
4. You have to choose 11 people to tag and post their icons on your journal.
5. Go to their page and tell them you have tagged them.
6. No tag backs.
7. No stuff in the tagging section about "You're tagged if you're reading this". You legitimately have to tag 11 people.
5 things (utterly useless facts) about me:
1. I'm a Political Science major, believe it or not!
2. I'm a bit addicted to making/filming/editing YouTube vlogs. LINK: [link]
3. I love ethnic food.
4. I'm an enormous dork and dabble in comics, film, and literary fandoms like it's my job. Case in point:
5. I really want an Iron Man hoodie. Like, really, really want one. No, I'm not kidding. [link]
So, guys, I'll make questions about Sherlock too, ok? :3
1. What do you like most? (Sherlock Holmes) Movie with RDJ and Jude Law, the Granada Serie with Jeremy Brett and David Burke, the books written by Conan Doyle, the 2010 Serie with Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman or the movies with Basil Rathbone? Another one? All of them? xD
Aw shit, difficult...they're all good for different reasons, and while there are overlaps of good and bad qualities, I think I can quantify this gracefully; I appreciate any and all badass Watsons, so love Ritchie's films and the BBC series. I adore the dedication to the canon in the Granada series, and Brett was, in my opinion, the most visually striking Holmes. And I'm interested to see what CBS intends to do with their up-and-coming series "Elementary" as well. Who knows? Could be okay.
2. What do you think? Sherlock Holmes and John Watson are friends or lovers? Why?
Lolololol I ship it. But seriously. I think there's an element of implication in the canon; ACD seems like a pretty open-minded guy, and does it really matter anyway? I DO WHAT I WANT.
All jokes aside, I think the profound bond that these two characters share overarches the plot of each literary or visual episode, no matter what era or which actors portray the two. Whether or not ACD would agree with me is another matter entirely, but it is worth noting that Victorian society frowned upon open revelations of a homosexual nature (a la Oscar Wilde) so we may never know. And anyway, isn't it sometimes more fun to keep them guessing?
3. About the new BBC serie with Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman: what's your favorite episode? And what scene is your favorite?
My favorite episode is The Reichenbach Fall, because it made me bawl hardcore. Not for Sherlock, of course, we know he's not really dead--but for John! Everyone has experienced the death of a dearly loved person; we're not all so lucky to live in the world of novels, where a page turn can re-introduce a character posthumously; the moment John breaks down at Sherlock's grave I felt an immense sense of empathy; we've all been there.
4. What did happen with Sherlock on "Reichenbach Fall" episode in your opinion?
Psh. Jumped into the trash truck, rolled out, spilled blood on the ground, paid the cyclist to hit John and the paramedics to cart him away quickly; about the pulse: the ball in the socket of the elbow will reduce bloodflow; the blinking in the final scene was from the neurotoxin Rodedendron Ponticum, which irritates the mucus membranes and allows reduction of breathing and heartbeat to almost undetectable levels. Boom.
5. Are your friends tired of you talking about Sherlock all the time?
Lawl no, then they wouldn't be my friends.
6. Is there any Sherlock/John in your life? :3
Alas, no. I'd rather have a Charles anyway, thankyouverymuch.
7. Imagine you live with Sherlock. Great, now imagine you with hungry, VERY MUCH HUNGRY! You open the refrigerator. There's a damn bloody head. What would you do?
Sigh, turn around, close the door, and order Chinese instead.
8. You downloaded the "sherlocked" image, don't you? LOL
It's saved in a folder on my desktop.
9. Watch the video and answer: what scene made you laugh most? 8D LOL [link](I'm sure you guys gonna LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I JUST LMAO And sorry, I couldn't resist u_u)
Internet is for Porn, le duh.
10. Would you be angry if Sherlock put 'poisoned' sugar in your coffee? XD
Yes. Yes I would be.
11. Sherlock's scarf or John's cardigan?
All of the above?
MY QUESTIONS FOR YOU:
1. What'd you think of Marvel's The Avengers? Any ships you're currently sailing?
2. On that note, fave ships of all time?
3. Favorite genre of music? Favorite song in said genre?
4. Don't you love the song "Sing, Sing, Sing" by Benny Goodman? [link]
5. Any dorky obsessions you don't tell your IRL friends about? Any you /do/ tell them about?
6. Do you play any instruments? Would you like to?
7. Do you enjoy living where you live? Do you want to live somewhere else ever?
8. If you were a superhero, what would your power be?
9. If you had to choose: genius, playboy, billionaire, or philanthropist? (One for yourself, one to date/bang/etc)
10. OMG are you as excited for Prometheus as I am?
11. Do you tumble? Follow me, I'll follow you! [link]
Okay, okay, I'm only doing four because that's annoying. : B